Dr Holmes opened the Etwall Surgery in a small cottage back in 1929 with 1 consulting room, 1 treatment room and a very little waiting room! He was succeeded by Dr & Mrs Reford and they were joined by Dr Williams in 1974. Dr Reford retired soon afterwards. Dr Williams worked for a few years with Dr Borge who was replaced by Dr Newton in 1979. In 1986 having Dr Williams and Dr Newton onboard the surgery was re-built on the same site now offering a General Medical Service to approximately 3000 patients. The surgery rapidly grew and soon the premise was too small for the staff let alone the patients! As Hilton was a rapidly growing community the partners that included Dr Vickers and Dr Smith made the decision to establish the new Surgery now called Wellbrook Medical Centre in Hilton. This opened in 2002 and has continued to grow.