If you have been sick for 4 or more days in a row and need to claim SSP from your employer please click on the following link and complete the online form. When you’ve filled in the form give it to your employer, it will help them decide if you can get SSP. Keep a copy for your own information.

UK Goverment website - Self Certification

If you need further time off work you will need to see or speak to a doctor.


My fit note is due to expire and I need a continuation, what do I do?
Speak to one of the Practice Administrators and they will make a request to the Doctor.

How long will it take?
Up to 5 working days.

Can I return to work before it ends?
Yes, you do not need a return to work letter or note. You may return before the end date, but your employee may wish to discuss this with you first.

For further information on Fit Notes, please visit either of the following websites:

NHS Choices - Fit Notes

The Fit Note - Guide for Patients & Employees. Gov.UK

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website